Sunday, April 28, 2024

Weekly update. . .Next!

I'm feeling pretty good about this past week, I have accomplished several things. Ok, so technically I ordered the banner before this week, but it arrived this week.  I am thrilled with how it turned out and I think it looks great hanging up, even over the window when backlit it still looks cool and is readable. 😁 This is a huge yay! and was its' own important test because I have been thinking of all the ways I can use it and one of them was as a partial backwall in the tent, which means it may at times have sun shining through it. So, the fact that it is a good sunblock while looking virtually lit-up is pretty cool, I had not anticipated that but it's working for me. 😎 

There are only 2 weeks before my upcoming event, which will be outdoors at a park using the pop-up tent and my new banner. It is a local event and mostly unrestricted, so I can take all my stuff and my husband's 3-D printed stuff too. 😇 I have been working on making "stuff and things", including the new wire trees I made for the #goimagine maker challenge and some other stuff I am still not publishing, yet. I plan to have a full re-stock of the rubber bracelets and hopefully will be back to full pages in the "Book of  mini Trees".  

While I am glad this thing is finished, I have to admit I'm not really happy with it. I struggled making it, it was as if the wire was fighting me every inch. I'm not thrilled with the leaf placements, the nest is not where I wanted it, it is a disappointment to me. I'm sure other people will like it fine it's just not what I envisioned. 😏 I do love the blue butterfly version, although, I seriously doubt I have any chance in the maker challenge contest because, well crappy photos. 😒 


Part of me is just happy I managed to finish both in time to get them entered. 😅 It was a cloudy day when I shot the photos, I'm not sure when judging is happening, maybe I can shoot new photos and update the listings before then. Lucky for me the next maker challenge prompt is something I already had, so I have already submitted an entry for "Gradients & Grids" 



No comments:

Post a Comment