Thursday, November 8, 2018

Pinterest and Etsy . . .

I don't normally try to write tutorial style advice stuff but in this case I'll give it a go.  😉

Last year there were a lot of complaints about etsy-pins not linking directly back to the listings in the pin but instead linking to an almost "market" page with competing listings at the top of the page.

Many sellers were really upset at the notion of competitors listings showing above the item that had been pinned, there was some advice from an admin to edit the links after pinning but that's extra work/steps and a bit of a pain in the you know what.  😒  

I'm not sure why but very few of my pins ever had that problem, I did double check and edit a few but then I just changed how I pinned and started only using the official "Social Media" tool under the marketing tab. 😌

My Pinterest is officially a "business" account so maybe that is part of it, not sure.  Recently, Pinterest has changed many things and now allows you to "Claim" things other than a stand alone website. I had previously tried to " Claim your website " but was never able to because that function was made for stand alone .coms and there was no way to add the code to the header or whatever for an etsy shop.  

However, now Pinterest allows you to "claim other accounts" including Etsy shops, instagrams, and youtubes.  Since "claiming" my etsy shop my pins from etsy (social media tool) look different and include my shop info, listing description, price, proper link, etc.  Perhaps those still having link issues have not claimed their shops, or are not sharing from the social media tool or do not have "business" accounts on Pinterest.  Honestly, I'm not sure which thing makes the difference and makes mine always work right while other's still have problems.  😉


No comments:

Post a Comment