Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Introducing the new "Keepsake" tree. . .

I started the wire tree sculptures purely as art, they were just cool and pretty and decorative.   My Mom had the brilliant idea of the "family" tree when she asked me to make something for my cousin and his wife to celebrate their second child, so I got beads in birth stone colors and found all kinds of ways to symbolize things, like two trees becoming one.   I love the 'family" trees I've had several people custom order them, the problem is they have to be custom order because there is no way I can guess birth stone combinations and number of kids, etc.  ~LOL~  

Now I am introducing the new "Keepsake" tree, it's meant to be a memento, a decorative piece of art with special meaning for those in the know.  The Keepsake tree features a small glass vial for one to put their special reminder in, be it sand from your honeymoon beach, gold dust you panned on the family vacation, a lock of hair, anything you want that you can fit inside seal it with a drop of glue and it will last a very long time.  

                                                        This Keepsake Tree of life listing

I have literally just started making these and while I have several sizes styles of vials and do plan to make many as of right now there are only 2 in the Etsy shop.  I made a third yesterday but it's not posted yet.  I really love this idea I hope they sell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment