Friday, April 13, 2018

what's up with THAT ??!??!

Ok so life's weirdness is getting to me in many ways.  I should start with I sprained my finger last week and it's still swollen and sore and slowing me down in the getting things done.  😢  It's mid April and they are talking "winter weather advisory" and blizzards, seriously WTF!?!?  Pinterest has changed format stuff, I looked at mine this morning and was like Whoa!?!  My Etsy shop stats have totally tanked this week, many many hours of absolute flat-line. 😕

I'll start with the thing that's actually making me smile, Pinterest, I went to check mine this morning and they have this cool new thing they are doing in the "header" space with my pinned photos.  I really like it, I think it looks cool as hell. 😊 Check it out !! 

This continuing winter weather is so not helpful. 😒  It's not just that I am sick of it, I actually need some good sunshiny days to get photos.  ~sigh~  I have new art I want to list but I can't until I can get decent photos.  I have enough trouble getting good photos without the grey rainy day background. 😖

Now for the most annoying thing and sadly no it's not the pain in my finger. 😡  This morning I decided to do something that is/has been recommended to/by other sellers, which is to just search your tags and see where you place and if you aren't placing well look at the listings that are and see what they are doing better/different than you.  So I tried it and of course I am nowhere but I did see several other shops I know and I clicked on a few of their listings from the front page to compare keywords. I did not click on PL ads I clicked on naturally placed listings from the front page and what I found was shocking to me and the exact opposite of what has always been recommended.  Even etsy's own articles on SEO and esty search placement say to use the whole title, use all 13 tag slots, make your title and tags match for max relevency, etc. Well instead I found front page items with only a handful of tags and short ass 4-5 word titles. 😕  I am super confused now, WTF?!?!   These are not new shops getting the new boost in spite of bad SEO, some of these are long standing successful shops, 1 of which I know used to have longer titles and use all their tags. 😩  So I guess I need to try another round of editing and see if this less SEO stuff works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment