Saturday, July 14, 2018

Etsy Plus . . .

I have been impatiently waiting for the new "Etsy Plus" subscription to be available in my shop and it popped up today. 👀 

I had already decided last week I was going to try it when it finally became available to me.  It's only $10 a month right now and it comes with $8 of listing and PL credits so really it's only $2 why not give it a go? 😉 

I don't care what anyone says I like the slide show, carousel, scrolling banners.  I like my banners, I make (what I think) are cool collages that show off the variety of my products nicely.  😊   

Previously there was a size choice but it was limited to small or large pick 1 but now there are multiple options including a "carousel" option which allows for up to 4 banner sized images that scroll on their own while also having side arrows and center buttons/dots so that shoppers can scroll through them instead of just waiting for the slide show to move on it's own.  There is also an option to link the banner to a listing or shop section, so I have linked each banner to a different item shown on the collage. 😇  ~sweet~ 

I also knew I wanted the new "featured listings" layout option with 5 instead of 4.  They tested it not long ago and I did really love how it looked and I was disappointed when it went away so fast.  I actually filled out the testing feedback form and a survey praising the option and basically begging to get it back.  Honestly, this I think is worth the $2 a month to try out because the 5th listing feature that makes one of them extra large does awesome things for my art, in my opinion.  This has more options like setting sections instead of individual listings, rearranging at will, marking as many featured as you want so that if something sells there is another listing to fill the spot automatically and you don't loose your layout. 💖  Check out the new look !!

There are other things available too, discounts on packaging, and printed promo materials, discounted domains, I'm not really interested in any of those.  However, the new "restock request" option for "When an item sells out, shoppers can sign up to be automatically alerted when it’s back in stock." Now that could be handy, I have turned it on for some listings and in the listing manager view there is a notation for the # of restock requests on each listing.  So I'm guessing if a shopper clicks on the thing to sign up for an alert when the item is restocked I will also get a notice of the request to restock the item.  This in addition to the request custom order option gives buyers more opportunity to get what they really want and since I really want happy buyers this works for me. 😍  

I am going to trial it through the end of the year when the price goes up in 2019 I'll have months of data to decide if it's worth the price increase, in the meantime I'd love some feedback on what you think of the new banners and feature layout. 👍👎


No comments:

Post a Comment