Thursday, January 17, 2019

Re-stocking . . .

While many of the things I sell are in fact "one of a kind" there are a few that I re-make regularly.  Chainmaille is easy to remake, let's face it as long as I can get the same rings I can re-create anything I've made but I don't do it all that often because I like to make things different. 😉 

The wire tree sculptures where meant to be one of a kind things but I have made an exception for the rainbow&stars version because it is so popular and being a bit simple it's easy to re-create, although, even with the same colors and the same number of wires and the same number of stars, no two actually look alike. 


I've sold almost a dozen of these between the 2 sizes in the last 3 years. 😮  After the first set sold so fast at an event I remade them so I could post them online and they sold out again, at that point it became obvious that as much as I like doing "one of a kind" things I need to keep these little babies in stock.  😉  So I try to do just that and I usually make them in sets, making 2-3 at a time.  I keep the 5" inch size made in both silver and gold base hoops. Originally I have only made the 3" inch size in the silver hoop but I am now adding a gold hoop version of it too.  😊  I'll have to shoot new listing photos and update the listing with a the new "variation" tomorrow, but it is laying on my work-bench. 


No comments:

Post a Comment