Tuesday, September 24, 2019

what's up with that?!?!

Since the start of the new etsy "advertising" crap-ness I have been getting some really weird search terms. . .like really weird.

"in a world full of grandmas be a nana"
"beating on a dime"
"metal wall art made in israel"
"mail order hat pattern 3454"

The only one that makes any kind of sense is the 'metal wall art' but when you add the made in Israel and I'm located in the USA. . .well you can see how it doesn't apply, as for the rest of them they are nonsensical the only words that are even in my listings are articles like in/on, a, be.  

It's total BS that my items would even be shown in such searches that obviously do not apply, the AI (artificial intelligence) is not living up to what the I stands for as this is the opposite of intelligence.  😠  It makes no sense to serve shoppers such obviously wrong search result because it will not lead to purchases, furthermore, the more an item is shown without being clicked, favorite'd or purchased it degrades the listing quality score. 😕  

I think etsy is purposely degrading our listing's quality scores so that they can increase the per click charges across the board, yes I am accusing them of manipulating things to maximize their profits as a platform at the cost of individual shops, site functionality, and buyer service. 


No comments:

Post a Comment