Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Jonathan Peacock . . .NO

In a facebook group post the guy running zibbet made some comments about future "upgrades" and they remind me of etsy upgrades in that not all of them will be helpful to sellers, at least not in the way they think they will be.  😕

He announced "We're also soon to launch the ability to make any product changes directly on Etsy and have it sync over to your Zibbet Admin. For example, you could update the price of your product, directly on your Etsy admin. Zibbet will recognize this change and automatically update the price across all channels connected to this product. Currently, any changes made directly on Etsy, will cause your products to become "out of sync", but we know it's important for some of you to make changes in Etsy still, due to some of the bulk edit features they have."

I'll admit this is a horrifying notion to me. 
I do NOT want things to "auto-sync".

I spent several hours of my life editing my listings when I imported them to the A.C.Moore Marketplace because I thought it would look really unprofessional to have a bunch of etsy links in my descriptions.  All my etsy listings have back-links back to the section, cross-links to matching or coordinating pieces, links to my gift wrap listing, etc.  Also I do not offer the gift wrapping in my ACCM shop so I had to remove the gift wrap sample photos that were in most of my listings.

I have slightly different pricing on some items.  I am testing "free shipping" in certain sections and specific items in my etsy shop but not the ACMM shop.

I am fully aware my listings are "out of sync" but that is fully intentional.  If they go through with this "auto-sync" BS I will have to disconnect my etsy shop altogether. Currently, on my zibbet admin next to the listings is a little "out of sync" notice that is actually a button to "push to etsy" the changes.  However, what Jonathan has said now is that it will go the other way changes made on etsy will automatically push to zibbet and all sales channels connected, which basically will undo every thing I worked so hard to differentiate.  😡

Jonathan. . .NO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment