Friday, December 27, 2019

The ODR nightmare. . .

I am not a fan of the new ODR system on etsy.  

I understand that they are looking for ways to make the site and sellers seem more trustworthy and judging customer service and setting standards seems like a good idea.

However, as a low volume/small shop I have to point out the incredible unfairness of the current system and standards and why it's not fair to judge everyone the same way.

Let me start with the basic it's on a rolling 60 day time-frame that is 30 days behind, so it's not exactly a "current" thing, which can be both good and/or bad depending on the situation. 


In the case of my shop, end of September was when etsy screwed up PL converting it to "advertising" and I turned it off, the month of October was completely deadsville.  😞  So currently my ODR is based on a single order, if that 1 person were to complain my ODR would go from zero to 100%.  😵  Think about that. . . .

Now I have had orders since but only like 5, I think, between Black Friday and Christmas, again I am a small/low volume shop.  So even if it were 1 complain out of 5 orders mathematically that's 20% still incredibly high in percentage form.  😨

Now I am currently safe because if you look at the 3 criteria :
For shops otherwise compliant with Etsy’s policies and expectations, warnings will only be sent if a shop meets all of the following criteria:
  • The shop’s Order Dissatisfaction Rate that is 1% or higher
  • The shop has three or more orders with a case or low review since its first sale
  • The shop has two or more orders placed within a 60 day evaluation period that resulted in a case or low review 
I have never had a single case or low review since my shop opened years ago, but I can understand how other shops have not been so lucky. 😕😢  So that middle criteria of as least 3 issues since first sale is currently saving my A$$.  However, one day that may not be that case and at that point of course my ODR will be above 1% because mathematically for my shop it's completely unrealistic, I will never have the volume of sales to offset an issue.  😐

No comments:

Post a Comment