Saturday, August 12, 2023

Weekly update. . . rejection


While it is polite, it is still a rejection. I did not make the cut for that "juried" show I applied for, no reason given just a maybe next year. 😏 Well, guess who is probably not going to bother to apply to the snobby show next year. ✋ I know no one likes rejection but I find myself rather upset about this one. 

Or maybe I'm just overreacting because yesterday the kitty wouldn't eat and I thought I was going to have to take him to the vet again. But I woke up this morning to him being much better and wanting his tuna-breakfast and seeming more alert and normal. 😌 I think I'm just going to be stuck in a perpetual state of worry for the rest of Jaspurrr's life. 😇



Now in the things that make me feel old department, I admit this year was my 25th wedding anniversary. 😎 The "Silver" anniversary and my husband bought awesome silver themed gifts, including a silver-dipped real rose that is so beautiful it is nearly impossible to photograph. 





It is so shiny it reflects everything anywhere near it. 😅 I mean, I've had a lot of practice at photographing shiny objects and this thing really tested me. 😉

In the meantime, I have continued to work on Balls! and testing different bead captures. Trying to figure out how to attach and hang them for earrings and pendants is an interesting battle I don't want them to hang all crooked but I also didn't want to have to over-do the attachments. I wanted it to be simple but look elegant, so far not exactly happy with the earrings. Also, nearly impossible to photograph due to being tiny and shiny. 😕😏




No comments:

Post a Comment