Saturday, August 19, 2023

Weekly update . . .unmotivated

I've been feeling distracted and unmotivated this week. The kitty seems to be better he's eating good and more active, acting more like his old self. My dental issues will continue for a while, I am not currently in lots of pain since we pulled the bad tooth, but I do have to get the deep cleaning and back on a regular cleaning schedule. But first I have a couple of fresh cavities that I need to get filled next Tuesday, they are very small, but I'd rather get them addressed now before they get bigger. 

Honestly, I just don't feel much like being in my shop. I've been trying to make myself make something each day, but since I didn't get into the show next month there is a part of me that is like "what's the point?" My next event is the only other event I have left for the whole year and it's not until November. 😏 So I literally have months to prepare and make whatever. 



I am calling these JingleBalls. 😁😂 Yes, I put jingle bells inside of balls, and this particular size is semi-rigid and fun to play with so the fact that it now jingles when you play with it is even better.  😎 I've also been putting beads inside some of them to make jewelry. Although, I admit that the tiny ones are a total PITA and even though I initially planned to make a dozen pairs of earrings with different colored centers I currently only have 2 done. 😅😏 I like the slightly larger sizes better and I am testing various necklace ideas for them.
This would be simple/easy but I don't like the way they look squished together. I may use the leather cord for single ball pendants, but I think some of these may need real chain necklaces so that the balls can be attached and spaced properly and so I can hang jingle bells in between the balls. 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment