Monday, November 13, 2023

Weekly update. . .exhausted

 So, this weekly update is technically a day late because I was so busy recovering and unpacking yesterday. 😏 Saturday was a long, tiring and somewhat disappointing day if I'm honest about. I like the fairgrounds, it's a nice building but apparently it was a bad day for an event with too many other events and football games going on, so not a lot of traffic or sales. 😞 However, this is my own fault for not doing better research before registering and for being new to the area and underestimating the whole football thing, live and learn. 😉 

I was fairly happy with my display and Christmas-y decor. 😇

I put a Santa hat over the rainbow on the end of my sign. 
I did the Christmas tree of ornaments on its' own table complete with gift wrapped "presents" as decoration and pre-wrapped gift sets of ornaments. 
 I did put quite a lot of effort and thought into this, but then ended up with an XX'large space and had to re-think everything once on site. I used more tables and racks than originally planned so I ended up short on some of the decor stuff. 😏
I did get to take almost all of the art. I usually only take 1 or 2 crates and a dozen to hang up, but I took all 4 crates this time. There were several people who looked thru the art and I got a lot of compliments, but sadly no sales. 
I did pass out some goimagine flyers, so the day wasn't a total loss. 😇


2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the energy for fairs but alas, it is so much work. I took a risk this year and handed over quite a bit of inventory to be sold at an upcoming after Thanksgiving market on a consignment basis. I am keeping my expectations low. I think as you get closer to the holidays, you will probably sell more. Best of luck! Mary Carrig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of work for little reward in this case.🫤 Normally, I enjoy events and my previous event at this location went very well, I think that just multiplied my disappointment in this one.

      Delete