Let's start with I think all corporate landlords are bad, no company should own whole fucking neighborhoods, period. But since they do sometimes you have no choice but to sign the devil's contract if you want to live in some cities.
While First Key has a lovely website (it's actually a maze of several sites and portals all designed to screw you into never being in the right one) it is dysfunctional and repetitive. However, you don't have much choice in using the stupid portals because they make you pay your rent and utilities through a portal, they force you to report maintenance stuff through a different portal, there are actually 3 and I never did figure out the point of the 3rd one. 😕
When tried to notify them of intent to vacate even though there are specific drop downs in the menus for that purpose it still says in very fine print that they must be notified in writing, not email actual mail. I am betting lots of people have been charged the insufficient notice fee because they didn't mail paper after doing the thing in the portal.
After they accepted our move out notice I received an email with instructions and the steps to exit the property, but most of it is straight up BS. It said there would be a inspection/walk through 30 days before move out but no one ever called schedule or showed up. It said there would be a rently box placed on the door and to leave the keys in the rently box, but no one ever came and installed one. It said they will inspect and decide on the refund of the security deposit and if after you receive your refund you want to dispute the amount you can file in the portal and upload documents and photos as support for your claim but literally days after our move out all my logins have been disabled and I cannot log into any of the portals. Seriously, I will get a final utility bill that I won't be able to pay online but have to call and do it over the phone and be charged an extra fee for the inconvenience of it all. We have to wait 30-45 days before they are obligated to send the security deposit refund (if we are actually getting anything back) and then I will have no way to dispute anything or upload evidence because they pre-emptively disabled all my logins. 😠
So, they better send me the full amount back or I'm getting a lawyer and I don't give a flying Fuck if the lawyer costs me 10x what I'll get back it's worth it to me to prove the point and I might just contact the state's attorney and report the inappropriately cutting off portal access before the settlement of the status of deposit refund. Cutting off the payment portal and forcing me to pay the final utility bill over the phone is hella shitty, I had payments set up in the portal so that I didn't have to pay the extra fee on the payment and they took that access away for no valid reason KNOWING there is still a final bill to pay. 😡
I spent weeks working my a$$ off cleaning that house from top to bottom, I took down all the glass on the light fixtured and actually washed years of dirt off, I cleaned things that have never been cleaned, I cleaned things that were dirty when we moved in. I paid over $800 to have the whole house's carpets cleaned and I have photos to prove it. the place was spotless when I walked out, which is more than I can say for when we rented it
I had to turn the flash off to get photos of inside the appliances because they were so shiny
when I tell you I cleaned every damn thing I'm not joking, I CLEANED like an OCD person on a mission
I had to turn the flash off to get photos of inside the appliances because they were so shiny
when I tell you I cleaned every damn thing I'm not joking, I CLEANED like an OCD person on a mission
you cannot tell there were ever cats in the house, it is literally cleaner than when we moved in, it is the definition of move-in ready
I double-dog dare them to not give me a full refund. . . 😐 I'm already mad and trust me when I say you do not want to mess with a menopausal GenXer with plenty of time and resources.




No comments:
Post a Comment