Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Oh EtsyRank you . . . pain in the a$$

I have admitted before I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Etsyrank.  It can be, has been, is a helpful tool but it is also an ever-changing multi-faceted pain in the ass.  

I spent over a month going listing by listing changing wording, lengthening titles, making the description and titles match up with the keywords.  SEO the bane of my existence, I worked so hard to make all my listings "A" grade because supposedly it improved relevancy and would increase views.  I won't lie I was hoping it would get some sales if I was easier found in search.  

It sort of worked.  I got all my listings to "A" grades and for a couple of weeks had views, lots of views, got some favorites even.  Sadly only a couple of sales.  

I decided to shift and focus on social media, I've been working the facebook page, got the instagram off the ground.  However, neither really seem to drive traffic to the Etsy shop, I don't know how people do it.  The facebook page is up to 99 likes, the instagram yo-yos on the followers, people are fickle.  

I went to check Etsyrank to see if my efforts were getting anywhere and they have added a new thing for "missing images".  ~sigh~  Great something else I have to work on.  :-(   So I checked out the new tool and damn 52 of my 82 listings did not have all 5 photos.  I knew there were some that didn't have as many as they could have because when shooting photos of the jewelry not all of them turn out.  It's not easy getting crisp, clear, detail photos of shiny things.  I had thought I'd rather have 1 or 2 good photos than 5 crappy ones.

So I made a list and now I'm working on updating/upgrading listings.  While I am looking through my existing photos to see where I can just add 1-2 before I have to do a massive photo shoot.  Also while I am opening and editing listings to add photos I have been tweaking titles and descriptions hopefully it will do something.

I've been at this for 4 hours already and I don't really feel like I'm making much progress.  I was really hoping to get this version of updates done in a week but it seems to be taking quite a while, hopefully it won't take a month like it did last time.  :-/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment