Wednesday, December 21, 2016

it definately matters. . .

There is a raging debate on Etsy over whether the number of listings matters to a shop so say it does some say it makes no difference.  However, I can attest that in my shop it made a huge difference in the amount of views a day stat.  I have been steadily building this little shop for over a year bit by bit views crawled up very slowly.  

Thanks to a couple of custom orders over the summer there were sales and fresh reviews which gave a bit of a search bump.  I started doing promoted listings and tried the google ads even but it didn't make too much of a difference until I made it over 100 listings.  

When I had more than 100 listings I had views and favorites everyday often double digits of both.  With the most recent sales I am back below 100 with only 98 listings and the last 2 days I've had 5 views total for the 2 days.  :-(   Yeah huge difference.  

So my goal for the day is to photograph and list the 5 trees I have finished and get back over 100 listings and hope my stats go back up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment