Monday, July 6, 2020

Not what I planned. . .

That's life though, things often do not go according to plan. 😄  

I bought these crates for storing and transporting my art.  I thought they were a great idea and a good solution too, they are nearly the perfect size, the built in handles make them easy to carry.
Ok, so they were plain and a bit ugly but function was the key factor as I can always make things pretty. 😊  So I contemplated ways to brand them and brighten them up.  I started with the idea of using peel and stick lettering to trace and then hand painting and edging, it was time consuming and tricky as my hands tend to shake at times.  
I got one done and I was super happy with it, but when I looked at the other 4 and realized how long it would take me I sighed and nearly cried.  😔  But I did like the way it looked so I started. . .
On the second one at the very last stage, there was a paint pen explosion of sorts. ~sigh~  Yeah that's not exactly the clean logo look I was going for there. 😕  I was so disappointed in myself as well as the exploding tipped paint pen.  Then I found a fellow seller with the amazingly perfect thing that I didn't know I needed.  She made me custom signs.  
I thought "heck yeah, that will make it easier!"  ~LOL~ I'll paint those up pretty and then just attach them to the crates, bing.  Well, painting them up with tiny brushes and my shaking hands turned out to be it's own time consuming tricky test.  It took longer than I thought because I had to do several coats of paint to get the brightness and depth of color I wanted. When I went to do the silver on the edges I had lots of oops and had to repaint the front.  😒
Eventually, I did get one done in a fashion that I was happy with and ready to seal.  I laid it on a canvas thinking I was going to gloss varnish it, the nature of the cut-out means it has to be laid on something and I was afraid the varnish would stick to paper or cardboard and cause problems after.  Once I laid in on the canvas though. . . I fell in love with it and my mind started running amok with so many ideas.  😲
But this one is Mine!!  as so many first attempts and prototypes are.  I am using in my office and plan to use it as booth signage (if I ever get to an in person event). Also I made it into logo photos for my social media. 😁
Now I'm off on a whole new line of art, thanks to Liz Wengerd of LizsWoodDesigns on etsy 


1 comment:

  1. Life has a way of leading you where you need to be, love you Manny.

    ReplyDelete