Sunday, May 14, 2023

I'm a little nervous. . .

I am preparing for a craft show next month, but I am more than a little nervous about it. 😕 First off, this will be the first event I've done in nearly 2 years.  Secondly, being the first event since the cross-country move I have to actually find all my tables, racks, set-up stuffs. 😣 Also, it's the first event in a whole new area, state actually, and who knows if they even know what chainmaille is.  I have some fear that I will end up just sitting there all day and no one will buy anything.  😏

Ok, so nervous may be an understatement or my social anxiety is getting the better of me, it is over a month away and I'm nervous and obsessing already.  

I do have quite a lot to do to get ready aside from digging through the garages to find my racks and shelves and tables.  I need to find a box to hold all my displays. I need to make a few things to fill out the displays. I need to wash and press my tablecloths. I need to find my big metal sheet to display the magnets. I need to figure out how I'm going to display the bigger wire trees because this event is indoors, I can't just hang them from the canopy, I won't have a canopy. 😅 

I may need to rethink which tables and racks I take, if I drive my little car I'm limited to the 4' ft. racks, if I borrow my husband's truck I could take the 6' ft. tall racks and have more space to hang art and at shows like this tall things tend to attract attention. I may need to ask the organizer for some more specifics on space and use and if I'll have a wall. 😐 So many questions with a new venue. Since the event is having a beach themed booth decorating contest, I plan to put the ocean waves paintings front and center and lucky for me my tablecloths are already blue. 😉 After that I get a bit stuck with no canopy or uprights "decorating" gets a bit tricky my tabletops and racks are pretty crowded already with so much stuff for sale. It really is a good thing I have so much time to plan. 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment