Sunday, July 16, 2023

Weekly update. . .busy week

In this week's update I admit to being too busy. 😏 I had big plans for learning all the new things and making lots of Christmas ornaments and pumpkins and earrings. However, that didn't quite work out, instead someone bought the rainbow box chain before I even had it finished. 😧 So I had to finish it and get it in the mail quickly and start it all over again. (I took the listing down this time) 




I did get it shipped on time and the latest re-make is going quick so hopefully soon I can get back to doing all the other things, which would be good because I have a lot planned.  I need to make the Celtic star earrings in several colors with matching pendants. I did figure out chainmaille pumpkins and I can do 2 sizes with the rings I have on hand, but I do need to practice with the wire stems. 😏











Even though the pumpkins are cute I have no idea what to do with them. I'm not sure I trust the wire stems for earrings or pendants, maybe my wire is too soft or I'm just crazy, but I am concerned that it will wear badly and not last. 😟 I have always been way paranoid about people being disappointed. 


In a rare move for me I bought "kits" from another mailler. 
I have not purchased an actual kit since I first started over a decade ago. 

Thanks go to Metal Designz


I have never been able to figure out scale flowers, I have tried and they just don't work, I think it's because my standard ring sizes are the wrong sizes for the pattern. I also really wanted to learn those Japanese ball ornaments because they look amazing but again I didn't have the right rings sizes to make them. Now I get to test myself and see if I can follow directions, lol.
😅 I'm not sure the odds are in my favor. 😂😅

 

No comments:

Post a Comment