Sunday, April 7, 2024

Weekly update. . . it's Spring

The weather is changing, the eclipse is coming and I'm scheduling events. I don't have a full calendar yet and I am focusing on local events so it may not be too many. 😎 Then again, events take a week to prepare & pack and a week after to unpack & recover so having them spaced out and not doing too many is a good thing for me. 😉

I think my next event will be Saturday May 11 for the Antique car rally, since I didn't get into the Rose Fest. However, in amazing news I did get accepted for the Elevate Artisan Market in October. 😲 Now I have to rethink my entire booth and display because Elevate is a step up and I am going as an "Artist" so no jewelry just art. I'm thinking less tables, use all 3 wire shelf units, maybe get the right feet and make them flat walls instead of corner shelves. I am looking at buying another batch of frames and some tabletop easels, I need it to look pretty and let's face it booth decoration is not my strongest area. 😏 It's 6 months away and I'm nervous already. 😅 



In the meantime, I have a lot to get done before the next show next month, so I'll have to think about Elevate later. 😇 I am still playing with and testing the beaded bracelet design, I still need to restock the rubber bracelets, I need to finish the crate painting, I need to clean off this messy bench and finish this month's maker challenge trees. 😏 Like I said I have a lot to get done, but in the months before Elevate I have an even longer list, paintings to seal, paintings to frame, large trees to make, I want to try to epoxy the blue and white series.  I feel like I am setting myself up for failure because I'm not sure I can get everything done, and that is before the insecurity and imposter syndrome starts kickin' in. 😕




I know I want to frame these, and I think I'm going to use matching frames for all 3 but then I'm torn on if they should sell as a pair with an optional coordinating 3rd or if it should just be a set of 3 all together. 😐 Maybe I'll price them out both ways.  Maybe I'll make myself completely crazy overthinking things. 😅


2 comments:

  1. I would rice the separately and then as the set. Just make the set pricing attractive. Save yourself some work and don’t frame them. Frames are specific to the buyers taste. Maybe frames as examples that can be purchased as add-on. When I sold clocks and bowls at fairs, my husband bend stands out of coat hangers. Everyone wanted to buy them. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, I used to think that framing was better left to the buyer, but stretch-frame canvases only fit in certain kinds of frames and I've had a lot of people over the years admit they are intimidated by the concept and prices of framing at a store like michaels and wish things were framed already. 🙃

      Delete