Sunday, March 31, 2024

Weekly update. . .Happy Easter



I have recovered from my event last weekend, everything is unpacked, inventories have been adjusted, art has been re-hung. I have a list of things I need to make and a separate list of things I want to make. 😎 I need to finish my #makerchallenge submissions, I need to restock rubber bracelets and star earrings, but I want to continue to experiment with new things. Plus there are other things, like painting my crates that I've had for years and keep putting off. 


When I bought the crates to haul the art years ago, I had planned to fancy them up, but my original ideas didn't work the way I intended. 😏 So I settled on painting the name, but using the letters as stencils and getting the arch and spacing right was a total P.I.T.A. one of the farmer's markets I was vending at, at the time had a rule about having your location with your name, which was fine until we moved cross-country. So, 1 of the 2 that I had painted for display now has tape over the old Tipton, IN location and looks tacky and the second one looks messy because the paint pen kind of leaked and exploded on it. 😅 I have been planning to correct this by doing the other 2 crates better, so when on display they don't look so____ (messy, amateurish, ridiculous).  It has taken me 2 years to get around to it and I have decided that a straight line is fine this time. 😎


I have also now decided that I am crazy for my decision to paint it where it sits on the shelf, because after doing so yesterday my neck/shoulder is out and my arm feels like it may fall off. 😄



It still needs a second coat, plus there is still another one to go. 😐 However, I think I'm going to go ahead and empty and move the second one to the floor to paint it.  



Still experimenting with the leather, beads, ring design, in various size combinations. It does look cool but the knots and button/loop closure I'm not sure about, it's simple and I do have some awesome buttons, but I think it could be better with a proper crimp and clasp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment