Sunday, March 24, 2024

Weekly update. . .I'm tired

So, it's the day after an event and I'm in recovery mode, from the getting up at 5am to going alone, these events are exhausting for me. There is a reason I don't do a lot of them, I could not do something like this every weekend the way some people do, but again I point to I go alone, most of the booths I watched set up yesterday had at least 3 people to set up and work them. 😏 Then there is me all by myself, although yesterday I was not the only one all by myself there was a dude with some really cool clothes that was all by himself, we chatted about the struggles of doing it alone. 




It wasn't a bad day for me, traffic was slower than expected, but I at least made more than my booth fee I'm not sure everyone can say the same. Actually, many people packed up and left early, I didn't but by the time 4pm hit and I was breaking down all the food trucks and booths outside were already gone. 😕 




In other news, I ordered some beads to make some more of this design so that I can get some people to "test" wear them for a while. I love the look, but I'm concerned about durability, since it was brought to my attention by someone with a broken one looking for a repair. Maybe it was just a weak spot in the leather cord, or a sharp edge on one of the metal beads that caused the breakage on the one I didn't make, maybe I'm overthinking and worrying about nothing. 😐 But I would be really upset if I sold one of these and the buyer came back in a short time with it broken, not like mad they broke it, more like disappointed that I sold something that didn't last. 😞 Not that I've never had someone bring back a broken piece, but usually there is a story of "my dog jumped up and his claw got caught" or something that happened to it, not just it wore out. 😉

This week, I need to unpack and make some stuff. I'm low on rubber bracelets and I need to make some more earrings to fill the empty slots in the displays. I also have to work on finishing my maker challenge submissions, so another busy week.  😇


4 comments:

  1. Love your work, send me one of those pretty bracelets and I'll test it for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😇 awe, thank you so much for the compliment

      Delete