Sunday, March 17, 2024

Weekly update. . .Happy St. Patrick's Day

 It is shocking to me how fast this year is flying by. I am trying to work on multiple projects at once and although I know I am making progress it doesn't really feel like it. 😅 I have the canvas base for the scrap-tastic tree painted, I have wire and charms and a plan for the Birds & butterflies trees. I did get 3 new earring display trays finished and I am happy with them. 😎




This week I probably won't "finish" anything because I have to sort art and pack up for the show on Saturday. 😏 I woke up this morning to a bunch of ridiculous spam messages. I don't understand the purpose of these, they are clearly spam and giving me phone numbers and emails that I will never in a billion years contact. I mean come on, internet scam 101 people. I hope no one falls for this, but someone somewhere does, or they would stop doing it.  




This ridiculous joke of a sock-puppet fake account sent the same exact copy/paste message 4 times in less than 5 minutes. 😐 So, let's identify some signs this is BS, first "this listing" does not reference a listing, the message does not identify and is not connected to any of my products. They say they would like "to buy from this app" hello this is on goimagine who does not have an app yet. If they really wanted anything in my shop they could ya' know just put it in the cart and buy it. If they had genuine questions why did they not just ask them in the message instead of trying to get me to call them?! And finally, the name and the email are nothing alike. This is not my first spam rodeo, heck it's not even the only one this morning. 😉




Oh come on, man! If they really wanted to purchase it "asap" the answer is to just put it in the cart and buy it. I do not negotiate prices, this is not ebay, there is no "offer" to be the best offer. The price is on the listing, the price is the price, buy it or don't, are all things I would say to a real person, but this is not a real person this is a spam bot. And a poorly programed one with bad grammar, I "Got" many items available, but I will be ignoring these messages because spam bots don't make purchases.  I think sometimes when sellers fall for these types of things it's just desperation and/or hope for sales, but not all that glitters is gold, watch out for the "fool's gold".  😉 

No comments:

Post a Comment