Sunday, May 19, 2024

Weekly update. . .do-over

Well, it's been a week, and this is an update. 😏 I'm tired, like all the time, Merlin never lets me sleep, literally I tried to take a nap yesterday afternoon and he followed me into the room and yowled and yelled and pounced on Reover repeatedly until I gave up and got up. 😒 
Kittens. . .they demand all the time, attention and energy. 😏
I can barely be in my shop let alone get work done, if I even walk in the room he runs in and jumps on my bench, no matter how many "no you" I shout or how many times I chuck him off it, he just won't stay off my bench. 

It has become very frustrating, annoying and time consuming, at least he has stopped trying to eat beads, but he mucks things up walking on/thru. He jumped on a painting the other day and it was pure luck that he didn't damage the canvas. 😐 Somehow, I have managed to get a couple of things done but not a lot. I did remake the beaded necklace that sold, but I did most of the work on top of my laptop on the couch. 😏

I did try a different bead/ring combo to make a second necklace but I'm not loving it. It's ok and it will likely sell but for me personally it's "lumpy" and just doesn't have the smooth slinky feel of the original. 😉 So I have ordered more of the other bead size. 

Also, not super thrilled that in this version you can totally see the leather cording 😒 maybe if I had doubled up the rings it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't really like that it shows.  😞 Speaking of things that didn't quite work. . .

My photo shoot, ok so using the easel is a good idea but it just doesn't work with my cardboard stands (which really are better for smaller things). 




So now I'm contemplating moving my photo lights and trying the easel on the nightstand in the spare room. It's not ideal but it might work, if I can get the lighting right. 😏 Although it's on the wrong end of the house, because right now our central air is broken and it's hot down that hall. We've been making do with a couple of small units for 2 weeks already, hopefully the part comes in this week before it gets back over 90*. 😶 
Fingers crossed for a more productive week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment