Sunday, May 26, 2024

Weekly update. . .Memorial Day

Welcome to a holiday weekend in the 90*s and my central air is still not fixed. 😞 We now have 3 room units running non-stop trying to keep up with the heat, but when the overnight temperature doesn't get below 70 and it is perpetually 90% humidity it's an uphill battle. 😟Slightly afraid of my next power bill. 😢

On the upside all of the beads I ordered did arrive before the weekend, so I have been productive. 😎  I do believe that the beads & rings necklaces will need to be priced by length just like the chainmaille. It is actually kind of shocking how many of those little beads it takes to make real distance. 😏


The blue/gold one is only 16.5" inches and has 135 beads (and 135 rings). 

The longer red version has 187 beads (and rings) and is still only 22" inches long. 😐


I honestly think a 24" inch necklace with this size bead would be over 200 beads and rings, which is a lot of work. I mean it is time consuming to get perfect closures on rings, so to sit and close a ton of rings and then still have to string and stack them, wow. Yeah, I think I under-sold the first one. πŸ˜… I'm also thinking it's a good thing I ordered literally thousands of beads, but they may not make as many items as I had thought. 


Considering the hematite beads have holes that are too small for the leather cord, that's 800-ish that I can't use for jewelry. No worries, they won't "go to waste" I have ideas for wire trees. πŸ˜‰


I was also serious about doubling up the rings for the larger bead size so that the leather cord doesn't show thru as much. 



I do like the look, but I'll have to consider the effect on pricing, doubling the ring count does dramatically increase the time involved. ~sigh~ 😏 

No comments:

Post a Comment