Sunday, September 6, 2026

so frustrating

Technology can be so frustrating; as a genXer I loved my 
Atari and my first computer was a Commodore64, so it's not like computer stuff is new to me but the current state of technology is stupid. 😐  Seriously, I've been doing the e-commerce thing for like idk 15 years or so, from my original stand-alone leather site, thru etsy, goimagine, michaels, now on square, I've been around this block. 😏 

However, in recent years it has become so frustrating that I just want to rage-quit every other week. 😠I try and try, I follow all the rules, and guidelines, meet all the requirements, fill in all the forms and check boxes and still errors, glitches, and rejection. 😠

I'm left just wondering why I bother and if any of the spent energy was actually worth it. 

I once spent many many hours over a period of multiple months to get a facebook pixel to work and connect with an online shop only for facebook to disable all pixels 3 months later. 😏 (so they could force everyone to use fb checkout so fb could collect their %)

I have most recently spent time trying to get "merchant" status on my business pinterest in spite of multiple failures to get a "catalogue" to upload and function properly I kept trying. I really thought I had gotten somewhere the other day when I found I had a checkmark and approval. 






but in truly craptasic fashion the day after I post on facebook about "hey look I did a thing" it disappeared and I got an email saying 









Just to be clear my products were never being distributed on pinterest because the catalogue upload keeps failing and the url version says the format's wrong and whatever. Because the reality is from the time I got "approved" until 48 hours later disabled, I didn't post anything or change anything in the account. So, I contend I wasn't violating any of the rules, guidelines or requirements for merchants or products or I wouldn't have been approved to begin with. As for the "excessive user reports" reports for what? I don't understand I'm not violating any IP stuff, I maintain my boards and delete old pins with broken links, what are users reporting?! And if there are a bunch of complaints about my account/pins why have I never been notified of a single one?!??? 😕

Furthermore there are a limited number of appeals 2 and the box says to make changes first, but I don't know what to change since nothing has changed since the approval it's not like I can just undo the last thing I did because I didn't do anything. 😒

So, I admit I am basically wasting my first appeal to point out that I don't know what to change based on their vague "reasons", lack of directions, and fact that I changed nothing between approval and disabled. If they reverse it based on I called them crap then it proves the disabling of my account was total BS, if they can give me something specific they want changed great, if not fuck 'em I no longer care.

No comments:

Post a Comment