Saturday, August 6, 2016

Woo-Hoo. . .

I finally received all the charms I have been waiting on to re-make the Hogwarts Crest themed wire tree.  Someone custom ordered the idea of a Harry Potter themed wire tree with all the house colors, I took it a step further with the notion that I could add charms to represent each house.  Being a Potter fan myself I did a bit of checking and studying and realized it would be fairly easy to make the school crest by separating the colors into quadrants and placing the right charms in the right place.  Finding the right charms turned out to be a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated by I succeeded.
 


I literally fell in love with the completed tree, it turned out even more fabulously stunning than I imagined.  I really wanted to keep it for myself but knew that I couldn't as it was a custom order and must be delivered to the proper owner, who had actually ordered it as a gift for a friend.  Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas lucky recipient.  

It took me 4 days of research and scouring the net to find all the animal charms in large quantities.  I originally bought the first set from a fellow Etsian where they were incorporated into a set of wine glass markers, but knew I could not afford to buy them at that rate repeatedly.  I finally found what I needed as far as the animals and I decided that I wanted to change the center H to a block letter instead of script to make it closer match the real school crest.
 


Mine is a larger 7" version on a silver hoop, where the original custom order was a 5" version on a gold hoop.  However, I am happy with the larger one in some ways it holds the charms better and makes it look not quite so crowded.  Although I think I will stick with 5", 6", 7" sizes for this, I don't think it would look right on a 10" or 12".  However, I am seriously considering small 3" individual house versions too.  I have not made multiples yet to add to Etsy but when I do there will likely be 2 listings, one for the whole school crest and one for individual houses.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment