Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Busy summer. . .

 I knew when I scheduled events every other weekend for the whole summer I was taking on a lot of work.  Not just prepping and packing and going to events, setting up, selling and breaking down, but also continuing to create and build inventory in between. 😏

Each event I do, I learn and plan better for the next one.  From adjusting the display booth itself by ordering a wall for some additional shade, to adjusting the products I take based on the audience and previous sales.  It is all about continuous improvement and trying to always do better.  😇

However, that's not actually a lot of time between events considering the massive amount of things I have to do and the amount of time somethings take. 😕  For instance I plan to make a Huge display tree that can be seen from space ~LOL~ just kidding but it will be way huge and easy to see from many feet away, the hang up is . . .well it's huge and if you consider that even a 7" inch tree can take me multiple days to finish this 19" monstrosity may take me a whole week but I'm down to 3 days before my next event.  I could try to really focus on it and finish it faster but I also have lots of other things to do.  Yesterday I cleaned up and repurposed my old barbed wire necklace board so that it can include the new selection of chainmaille pendants.  I plan to take a different selection of art but that means I have to find the time to string them all for hanging on display, it also means I need my bench clear to have the surface room to add hanging string to all those paintings. 

Currently, I have set up one of my folding tables to have more work surface to work on more stuff at once but I have to have it cleared by Friday when I need to re-pack it in my car for Saturday morning. 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment