Monday, August 23, 2021

All Hail the conqueror. . .

Ok so it's been months and the first attempt was frustrating to say the least but I think in my secondary attempt I have finally conquered the evils of the facebook Pixel.  😑


Please don't ask me how, as I'm not entirely sure.  😕  

Please don't ask me for advice because I have no real insights on how or why the damn thing works or doesn't. 😐

All I know right now is back in June I couldn't get it to work right, it only ever loaded 5 listings from goimagine and I tried loading things manually but after a couple of weeks they just started disappearing. I tried all the help links and looked through lots of settings in the maze of facebook's backside, business manager, commerce manager, etc.  I finally got frustrated enough that I just went in and tried to delete it all, and while I did manage to delete the "shop" itself and the shop tab from my page the dysfunctional pixel remained. 😓  

Actually the bad pixel is still there even now, I just started over from the beginning steps and created a new pixel. 😏  So I now have the RainbowMaille2 which seems to be working and I changed the name of the previous one to Badpixel.  I have no idea what I did different but this new one seems to be working much better. 

Of course I don't want to jinx it because it could still decide to fault out or not complete.  As it currently sits I have 66 active listings on goimagine.com and so far 55 of them appear in my commerce manager and as of now 53 appear in the public shop.  😁  While it's not perfect and not complete it is waaayyy better than last time's 5 so I'm going to quit messing with it for today and hope that it finishes itself.  😇  ~fingers crossed~

I never really liked the saying " if at first you don't succeed try try again " but sometimes a little persistence does pay off. 😎



2 comments:

  1. Ahh ... the HELL that is Facebook. I feel your pain! It took me forever to figure mine out too. Then tried to add Instagram - UGGHHH!!

    Yet I checked IG recently and my items are actually showing up AFTER I gave up.

    Congrats on accidentally solving a mystery ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and congratulations on getting yours to work, they sure don't make it easy. LOL

      Delete