Thursday, January 12, 2023

New Year. . .new projects

This new year has been off to a bit of a frustrating start. However, I have made some progress on a few things.  First off, I think I have finally conquered facebook's domain verification and I now have the ability to tag products on Instagram, maybe, I'm testing it now. 😁 

Well test failed 😕 some sort of glitch but I tweaked and tried a few more times and I got it to "Schedule" it so now we'll wait an hour and see if the post shows up on instagram and if the product tagging actually took and functions. 😎

I have filed and paid Indiana state sales taxes (for the last time) and closed out my business license since I no longer live there. 😇 

I will be starting fresh with a new license for my new state of Georgia. I will be looking for in-person events in my new locale, which let's face it with this weather can be nearly all year-round. 😉 

I am enjoying my return to painting. I've been trying some new things in acrylic pouring and it has been interesting.  I'm not 100% happy with the results but I'm learning and there have been some interesting outcomes. 😅 I have a new and less likely to leak and ruin the floor set-up for pouring, which I have used once, and I think I'm going to like it. A cheap and simple solution, literally a tote and a dish shelf thing I bought at the local walmart for less than $30.  

The plastic tote has a fully sealed bottom to contain the overflow and the rack sits down inside it enough to be able to blow the paint off, but not so low as to make it hard or awkward to lift the canvas and tilt it around. Also, because I use mostly smaller canvases they fit well enough on the rack to leave room for the paint cups. 

Back to work, I have a lot to do this year. 😎


1 comment: