Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Happy New. . .frustrations

Why yes, it is a whole New Year with all new frustrations. 😂😅 Since I decided not to close and instead "double down" on RainbowMaille in 2023 I have spent days fighting with "domain verifications" on facebook, instagram, and pinterest. 😕 I find myself annoyed the most with instagram considering it is owned by facebook which I do have a live functional(semi) Pixel in my shop feeding listings to a facebook shop on the business page I thought I had this conquered but apparently not. 😒 


As per usual facebook has made it extra hard with the changes to the "meta business suite" and the old "business manager" pages being virtually nonexistent, the screens in the help videos don't exactly match anymore. I think I did it, but now it's the wait and see if it actually works. 😐 So, a couple hours for godaddy to update, up to 72 hours for facebook to verify, maybe next week it will work right. 😅 in the meantime. . . 


In Pinterest news I have installed the mini-scripts and tags on my Mosiac settings and finally have a green checkmark on the one thing, but I have no idea how to do the other thing. 😏 I have verified the domain on pinterest I have the proper globe with a checkmark icon so I guess it's actually 2 out of 3 (which according to Meatloaf ain't bad). But I am stuck on the add a data source. 


I don't know what it wants, a link URL but not really because it wants specific formats. I can't just export my listings into a file because there is nowhere to upload it on that page and it wants to refresh it every 24 hours so it says "hosted on an external site" but my shop link doesn't work because no .csv/.tsv/.xml/ whatever, in the help is says it cannot be google drive or dropbox so. . . 😕 I'm just confused, lost and a bit frustrated.  

I mean, I may not be a code-monkey, but I didn't think I was stupid either 😏 but boy do I feel dumb at the moment. So, I shall go back to creating listings because in the scheme of things that is easy. 😇



No comments:

Post a Comment