Sunday, December 17, 2023

Weekly update. . .Merry Christmas and Happy new Year!

Well, I've been looking at the calendar and because I normally post my "Weekly updates" on Sundays, this will be the last one for this year. 😇 Seriously, next Sunday is Christmas eve and the one after that is New Years' eve so this is the final update of 2023. 

I would normally post about my etsy "year in review" and while they did still do the shop personalized "y-i-r" thing I found no joy in my incredibly sad low numbers. 😏 

 I have never really liked the "splashy" graphics and contrasting colors they use for these things most of the time it is just tacky.
This was my favorite and best review of 2023, so at least they pulled something right. 😏

But like I said it was a very pathetic year otherwise, I am not surprised by it really. I sort of expected some decline because I let most of my listings expire and moved all the paintings and wire trees to other platforms.  I turned off all etsy ads and changed all my social media links to goimagine too. So again, I am not surprised by the decline in my etsy numbers, I literally gave up on it. 😅 However, if etsy was so great and had so much built-in traffic then my changing my links should not have had this effect. Plus looking at my etsy stats historically the art had very little in consistent views or purchases so removing the art should not have tanked every metric either. 😐 
The year-end total books won't be as bad as last year, no thanks to etsy, because I have 3 platforms and did multiple in person events. I have already started on the year-end books, it's basically lists and a little math. 😉 I only have one more monthly sales tax report, maybe next year Georgia will allow me to move to a quarterly or annual filing instead of monthly, I doubt it but it's worth asking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment