Sunday, August 11, 2024

Weekly update. . .recovery

Well, Debby passed and made a mess of my yard, although we were lucky no major damage, never lost power, just tons of small sticks, branches and pinecones everywhere.  The clean-up stinks, bending over a thousand times picking up sticks is not helping my backache issue. 😓 My back is slowly getting a bit better, not as sore as it was, some improved range of motion, but nowhere near normal. 😏 

I have made things this week. 😉 I made some progress on the black and blue dragon, he's coming together nicely.  I am very happy with my color choices and pattern so far.  

And apparently so is my husband, he walked in my shop last night to see the latest version and called "dibs". 😐😏😅 Seriously, between my husband, my friend, my mom and dad, everybody wants one, I may never get to actually sell them.  Of course, I am having second thoughts on that anyway, parting with some things is hard when I put so much time, effort and energy into these. I've never had this attachment issue with the jewelry, occasionally with the art I will miss a piece after it's sold but I rarely have that clingy "mine" reaction. 
I got a bracelet order for a color/size combo that I didn't have made, whipped it up, packed it and shipped it off no problem. 😉

I have literally sold hundreds and hundreds of items over the years, from my previous business to tons of jewelry, wire trees, paintings. There are only a couple of things I genuinely regret letting go, a canvas I miss, a particularly spectacular wire tree, but overall, I make things with the intention of selling them, so I don't get attached. I think maybe part of the difference with these dragons is they have a face. 😐😅

When I'm making them, they almost seem to develop personalities. 😇 Or I could just be crazy. 😅😆

No comments:

Post a Comment