Monday, May 23, 2016

Never-ending process . . .

I shot some new photos and separated the braided chokers from the embellished braided chokers but honestly I don't feel like I made a lot of progress.   The idea of selfies wearing them didn't work so well, I am not one for taking selfies normally so I'm not good at it.   Most of the photos I shot were not good enough to use.  :-/   

I only tried the leather stuff though not the chainmaille.  There is still a whole long list of things I should re-shoot but with vacation coming up I kind of need to clean the RV and start packing so I guess I'm stuck with what I've got for a while longer.

I have been really enjoying the new wire sculpture work.  I have made over a dozen of them and they are in nearly every room of the house now.  Every time I post a photo of one there is a very positive response, many people have said they would like to buy one, some people want to request specific colors or special beads even.  I said at the beginning I wasn't going to sell them but I do enjoy making them and eventually I'm going to run out of places to hang them. ~LOL~   

So it makes sense that eventually I'll have to give up a few or stop making them and I don't want to stop making them so . . . I guess one day I will open a whole new section in the Etsy shop and list some of them for sale.  However, that opens up the whole can of worms of trying to figure out pricing structure and value, shipping costs, packaging, etc.  Let's just say I'm not in any hurry to start a whole new thing which will need photos, and tags, and keywords.  More never-ending work. . . ~sigh~   I like the crafting part a lot more than the business-y part.

No comments:

Post a Comment