Saturday, May 14, 2016

That took forever. . .at least it felt like forever.

I have finally finished going through all 64 listings in the store, I have re-worded titles, expanded descriptions, added "style" selections and the hardest part of all used all 13 "tags" on every listing.  I used EtsyRank, which I found somewhat helpful as it finds typos in tags and highlights which listings aren't using all 13 spots, it also ranks your web-search-ability and social media effectiveness.  I found there is quite a lot more I could be doing but I am not exactly a social media mogul, I don't have a Twitter, Pintrest, or an Instagram and my blog and Facebook page are really underutilized.  ~sigh~

I have been thinking about trying to add a Twitter or Instagram but honestly I'd rather be making stuff than spending more time at my computer.  Although, I think the re-wording and adjusting on the listings has helped views seem to be up and most of them are not clicks from the promoted listings, lucky for me as I get charged for those clicks.  Sadly views and favorites are no equaling sales.  :-/

I have seen several people suggest that more listings equal more sales, possibly just because a larger variety means people are more likely to find something they really like or possibly because Etsy itself is biased towards shops that are fully like over 100 listings.   I have a way to go to hit 100 listings, I mean it's possible I could re-do some of the existing listings and separate things, like the plain braided chokers could be a separate listing from the embellished ones.  

I've also been thinking I should re-do photos on some of the listings and just add more photos as some of them only have 1-2 currently.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment