Friday, April 14, 2017

buh-bye. . .

I understand that people don't like change, hell I personally don't like change either, however, everything in the world is in a constant state of change.

When I started RainbowMaille on Etsy I had no choice about payment method/options it was direct checkout with integrated paypal.  I personally despise paypal and would never have accepted paypal if it wasn't already integrated into my direct checkout.  I don't use paypal, I don't like paypal, I didn't want to accept paypal, I refuse to shop at places that "only" have paypal.

So I have always been baffled by some etsy shops only having paypal and stubbornly defending and sticking to their standalone paypal no matter what.  I like the fact that direct checkout allowed the buyers lots of options.

Now Etsy has decided that all shops in eligible countries must add etsy payments allowing more payment options for customers and some of the etsy old-timers that are fixated on their paypal are having fits.  Etsy's notification email was pretty blunt get set up or get shutdown, yes it was a bit rude, pushy, and unprofessional but that's how etsy seems to handle everything.  Let's face it the company is run and managed on a daily basis by a bunch of code monkey most of which use txt spk more than complete sentences and sometimes it really shows in their bad grammar and very poor communication skills.

I personally don't care and actually have little pity for most of them, as someone who never had the option that they have enjoyed and taken advantage of for so long.  

I understand that many are upset with the "threat" of closing their shops but I don't understand the resistance to accepting other payment methods.

Now with multiple threads about how they are all closing their shops and looking for new venues, every time I read one I think buh-bye don't let the door hit you on the way out, more sales for the rest of us, thanks for getting out of the way.

I know it sounds mean it's my menopause showing and my patience fading, I'll have to work on that.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment