Wednesday, July 31, 2019

honestly. . .Etsy

I have had my shop on etsy for 4 years, literally I am one month past my 4 year etsy-versary.  I have been tolerant and understanding and patient while etsy has bugs and glitches and enforces weird and sometimes counterproductive initiatives.  

However, if I am honest etsy's support aka customer service is pretty awful.  In years past writing to support took days to get a response, sometimes the person responding would be clueless on the edge of illiterate in their failure to understand what was written in about.  Most times it was just an automated reply with a bunch of links to FAQ and help articles.  (not helpful)

In the last year since starting this stupid ticket system, I think it's zendesk based it's actually gotten worse.  19 days ago I wrote in about incorrect dates on my milestones in my social media page. 

"Under the Marketing menu on the "Social Media" page in my "shop milestones" section the dates showing are incorrect. screen shot attached 

It is showing my 30th 5 star review with a date of Oct. 23, 2017 but I literally just received my 30th review on July 1, 2019. Where did the other crazy date come from what does it mean?
It is similar with my 150 sales graphic which shows a date of Nov. 17, 2016 when my 150th sale was last month. Where did the odd dates come from?"

After 7 days with no response that ticket was closed. 😐  So I opened another ticket and included the ticket number of the unaddressed previous and wrote in again, again included screen shots and again waited for a reply.  10 days, that's right it took 10 days to even get an auto-reply, the standard canned automated response that starts with "This is an automated message from Etsy Support. We’re seeing a high volume of emails at this time which means it’s taking longer to assist our customers than we’d like."

I call bullshit on that as that exact line has been at the top of every reply I have received in the last year.  If things are that damn bad hire some more people, better yet fire the code monkeys that keep screwing things up and causing all these glitches and errors and you'd have less people writing in with problems.  

I do find it ironic that when I respond to the "how did we do" survey and tell them how badly they suck I suddenly have a response in 10 minutes.  😕


No comments:

Post a Comment