Friday, June 16, 2023

Sad but Accepted. . .

Well, it finally happened, after 8 years of selling on etsy I finally got a less than 5-star review. 😞 I am a little sad but I accept it. 😐 It is still 4 stars so it could be worse, like a 2 or something. 





The overall rating is still 5-stars at the top of the shop, at least for now. I could have messaged them and tried to offer a discount or additional things for them to change the review but it's not really a bad review it says they are happy with it and likely to purchase again, it's just that barrette clip has a loose center. 😑 They said my chainmaille is beautiful they recognize the clip itself is a supply, so instead of trying to get them to change the review I simply apologized recognized the clips can be an issue and in the future I will test them more carefully.   

I am a bit disappointed because there is a good chance that at some point my shop will show as 4 stars instead of 5, because of the way etsy calculates the average on a 1 year rolling period, combined with the infrequent nature of reviews in my shop complicated by being closed for several months for the move making a period of no new reviews.  It's just one of those things, I see it coming but as there is nothing to be done about it, I have to just let it go. 𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅘𝅥𝅰𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅘𝅥𝅝 let it go 

Over the years I have seen many, many sellers freaking out in the forums over a "bad" review and often I have thought to myself "ok but that is not that bad" 4 stars is actually technically not bad at all, it is not negative it's just not perfect. For many years on etsy you couldn't even publicly respond to a 4 star review it had to be 3 or less. They have recently changed that and now sellers can respond to any review even 5 stars which seems weird to me because what would you say other than "thank you". 😅  

With a Father's day trip this weekend and my craft fair next weekend I just don't have the time or energy to be overly-upset about one less than perfect review. I do care, I care a great deal about my customers being happy, but if you read it they are not really un-happy so I am going to choose to not obsess over this.  There are so many other things for me to obsess over right now. 😅😆

No comments:

Post a Comment