Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Tick tock. . .

No not the social media app, the countdown clock to my event. The first event in my new "home" area, the first event in over a year. The first event since the move has taken a lot of preparation, digging thru the garages searching for tables, racks, and shelves, cleaning said tables and shelves; 😉 building out inventory, making more little trees, filling jewelry displays. I didn't get quite as much done as I had planned but that's life sometimes. 





I have spent a lot of time thinking about the booth set-up, partly because I haven't done a lot of indoor events and partly because of the booth decorating contest which I've never done before. Normally I set up outdoors and have the canopy/tent overhead that I use to hang things like the wire trees and paintings. So, setting up indoors without it presents a bit of a challenge for displaying certain things. 😐 I have a monster wire display tree, but I have no place to hang it, so I am leaving it home.



I had decided on the 6 foot rack because without the canopy I feel I needed some vertical attention grabber. I also decided to use it a bit differently instead of "cornering" it I am flat facing it so people can walk around and I can use all 3 sides. 😁 The "front" is the beach theme with all the ocean waves paintings and some decor stuffs, there is more I just didn't get it all out for yesterday's test. 😉










Side 2 is the wall of flags, with all the embellished abstract flags. The third side is just a sampling of abstracts and rainbows. 








While I do find the tower of art pretty and kind of impressive it is just art leaving me with mountains of jewelry. 😏 I had planned for two 6 foot tables but when I set them up and started loading the stands and displays and the book of little trees, I realized I have too much stuff and not enough surface. 


Plus, if both tables are just covered in jewelry I have no place for crates of other art. 😕 So I went back to the drawing board and double checked measurements and decided I will need a second rack. If I put a 4 foot in the back corner, I can move some of the larger jewelry things over and have enough table space for 2 crates of art.  


One of the major reasons I decided to use a second rack is because I realized I had no place to put the necklace board without it, it zip ties in the top normally. 😐 So if I can use the second rack I can move over the barrettes, rings, earrings, giant triple bar, and it gives me more space for hanging wire trees. 

It seemed like a great solution until I went back to searching the garages for more shelves and realized I don't have enough. 😖 Normally I use either the 6 foot or the pair of 4 foot, so I have not had this come up before, but I only have 6 shelves. The 6 foot configuration I tested had 5 shelves all by itself, but the 4 foot rack requires at least 2 shelves just for stability and ideal 3 for display purposes. After about half an hour of semi-panic searching, realizing there were no more shelves to be found and that this would not work without them I jumped online and order more. 😏 Now I am fingers-crossed just hoping they arrive in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment