Thursday, June 1, 2023

More etsy oddities. . .

Today on my etsy shop dashboard I have a huge banner of sorts. 


I'm not sure what to think about this. 😐
I'm not sure why it's there all of a sudden. 😕 
My shop is not new, my "first sale" was years ago, like 8 years ago. Seriously, I literally just shipped 2 orders on Tuesday, I'm actually getting close to 300 sales on the etsy shop front. 😎 





So yeah, I admit I am a bit confused by the "quick guide to getting your first sale". 😅 Although, sales have been slow and there is always room for improvement, right?  

So, I clicked the links to check out the info, first the "how to create great listings that sell" opens a pop-up window (which I hate) and it's a youtube of an old etsy-up (she mentions the 2021 trend guide). Not sure how that's helpful or even current. Next the tips for photos and keywords links go to articles in the Seller Handbook, cool but the photo article is almost a year old, I already read that. The keywords article is recently dated at least, March of this year, but much of what is in it is standard and a bit repetitive if you watched the recent etsy-up event or previously read almost any of the etsy handbook articles over the years.  After that is just a push to get the new app and add more listings, so nothing really helpful for my shop, but maybe it will help others.  😇

Personally, I don't really plan to add more listings on etsy, I moved all the art to goimagine.com and the new app won't download on my phone so until I cave in and upgrade my phone no new app for me. 😅 I do miss the cha-ching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment