Sunday, January 14, 2024

Weekly update. . .I'm not "Star" material

So, if you read my last post you will already know that I'm talking about facebook "stars" but for those that didn't see the last post, facebook has been making some changes. 😏 I noticed a glitch with the comment filter on posts not doing what I had my settings set to and clicking around I found a list of expanded options, one of those new options was comments "sent with stars". This led to a "what the heck stars are they talkin' about?!" moment, which led to more questions, a helpful answer from a goimagine founder leading me to the right backside pages in the meta suite. . . only to discover that I'm not star eligible. 😐 



Oh, I'm good with the community standards, I'm compliant with policies, I'm over 18 and in an eligible country. What I don't have is over 500 followers, I currently only have 372 followers on the facebook business page. 😞 Anyone have 200-ish friends and family they can send my way? 😅😅

This sort of reminds me of etsy's star seller program which I almost never qualify for, if I get the minimum # of orders they don't meet the minimum $, or if I get both of those then I don't have fresh enough reviews, by the time the people leave reviews the other things have reset. 😒 I feel like I need some sort of miracle star-alignment blessing or something. The things I can control like message replies and shipping are always 100% but I have zero control over when people order or if they leave reviews, it's always just out of reach. 😔 

Oh well, I guess I'm just not star material, yet. 😎 I guess I'll have to just keep plugging along making new stuff, posting more regularly, sharing, trying.  I got a new phone over the holidays, so maybe I'll figure out the camera(s) and start getting better photos, or maybe I'll just get around to re-doing all the old photos finally.  😇 In my mind I have "big plans"(for me) for 2024 but I admit that many of the things I'd like to accomplish may not happen, for instance, there is a local market I've been told about that I'd love to get into, but I've also been told that there is a waiting list and it's very hard to get in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment