Sunday, February 4, 2024

Weekly update. . .recovering

Well, it's been a whole week of being sick and while I did throw some fresh photos on the existing listing for the dumpsters and added white and blue to the color options, I did not get photos or create the new listing for the rainbow versions. 😏 

I did manage to meet the fb goals but mostly by accident. 😅 I'm not used to stories, so I didn't realize that trying to put multiple photos in one actually counts as multiple stories. 😉



In other facebook-y news I got another reminder email that they plan to screw everyone that does not convert to fb's checkout and give fb their cut, like the permanent banner in my commerce manager was not enough. 😏

I mean it's only been there for nearly an entire darn year. 😐

Now, I suppose it is possible that some people who never venture into the meta suite would not have seen the banner, but then again if you've never been into the meta suite then you very likely have never set up a pixel or connected a "shop" to begin with. 😏




So, I imagine that for some people an email notifying them of the disabling of something they never used anyway could be confusing, like a "what's this about?" or "why do I care?" However, for those of us that fought the battle to set up and connect a pixel and have the "Shop" link to our real shops on goimagine, this is a supremely annoying attempt at a hostile take-over of our "checkout" process, and I will not go along with it. 😠


No matter how many times they change the color of the banner or the font or if they make the whole thing bold or the size of the screen. I refuse to be bullied into changing my business or accepting yet another 3rd party into my finances.  😐 I don't wanna and no one can make me!! Yes, I still have the childhood stubborn streak and I realize how childish the previous statement sounds, but it is true, and I am lucky enough that I can make that kind of choice. My small business does not support a family it's just a self-sustaining hobby, an outlet for my creativity and events to force myself to socialize instead of becoming completely agoraphobic. I'm sure there will be many who feel they have no choice, people who actually do rely on their business income and cannot afford to lose out on possible sales. 


No comments:

Post a Comment