Sunday, February 25, 2024

Weekly update. . . you're doing it wrong

I have spent considerable time in the last year on social media, a lot of that has been focused on facebook and instagram, but I still have this blog and a Pinterest account. I have done pretty well on my "Weekly" blog posts, keeping it consistent and sharing the link around. 😉 I've done ok with facebook and instagram, at times my posting has been sporadic, but I've learned a lot and increased my audiences on both. 



I do think the insight tools and planner things have helped, once I got used to them and figured out how to use them. Although, looking at a blank calendar that only has 1 active post time suggested is kind of intimidating. . . 😐  



Especially since the recommendations for the week are for a lot more than 1 post 😏 like 3-6 stories and 10, 11 posts per site. (Plus, as I re-read what I wrote above I'm not sure I should say I've "figured" things out because social media platforms are constantly changing things.) 😕


And while I will try to meet or exceed those numbers, I regularly wonder if it's all a waste of time, I mean, I think I'm doing things right and making strides towards something, but who really knows if any of it is worthwhile. 😕
I have been half-heartedly working on Pinterest for the last few years.  I never really understood it, but I pin things and sometimes they are seen or shared or clicked. I've never been convinced that I get sales from Pinterest, but I have seen some traffic in my google analytics. I have joined some goimagine based boards to re-pin to, but again I admit I don't understand Pinterest.  So, last week I watched a replay of Kara Buntin's Pinterest 101 on Maker Circle and . . . well sh*t!  I've been doing everything wrong, and Pinterest changes their stuff too often and I have a lot of work to do to fix and reorganize what I have and then going forward I need to do things very, very differently, or just give up on Pinterest.  😅 

Nah, I'm too stubborn to give up on things 😉 I'll keep plugging away. 😎

1 comment: