Sunday, July 21, 2024

Weekly update. . . Dragons!





 I am rather proud of my recent efforts. The first dragon was a learning experience with several "new" to me things but as I worked on it, I came up with several ideas on how to do things different maybe better, maybe not better but at least unique. 
I know that for most of my audience any chainmaille is fairly impressive because y'all don't make chainmaille, so chainmaille dragons seem truly amazing, which they are chainmaille dragons in any form are awesome, and they do come in many forms. I have known of the existence of the possibility for years, but the patterns looked advanced and tricky, and I didn't feel "qualified".  😏 I have spent a decade learning well over 20 patterns of chain and studying photos before taking this leap. 

Many of you may wonder why I waited so long or why I felt intimidated at all in the first place?  Well, there are some true masters out there, I have seen their work and they amaze and inspire me and yeah cause the Wayne's World "I'm not worthy" reaction. 😅 I won't name them all, but I must credit Amanda Sanford her work is truly stunning this one is hers and once you see it you will immediately rollback your admiration of mine because I'm still an amateur. 😇 



Seriously just take a minute to be amazed by this magnificent thing that is over 2 foot long, has a 2 foot wingspan and is made of so many rings and scales it makes my head spin. 😳 Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever be this ambitious as it would take me months to create and the thousand dollar plus price tag would likely make it nearly impossible for me to sell. 😅 
So, my plan is to stick with smaller, simpler styles in hopes of keeping prices around or under the $150 mark. However, I do plan to test legs and different patterns in tails to make each dragon unique. 😎

Also, my last supply order included the larger rings in more/different colors, so they won't all be red in the future. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment