Sunday, July 7, 2024

Weekly update. . . I did it!

I am so thrilled and actually quite proud of myself. 😇 
I have finished my dragon project, my first ever dragon. 
He has been a real adventure and learning process, new weave, scales, trying to figure out how to taper the tail. 😶 I am pretty pleased with how he turned out. 😎 He's not perfect, I do have some ideas for improvements and things I would do differently, but overall, he looks great, and he sits well.  I considered adding a clasp in his tail scales so I could wear him like a necklace, but when I tested the fit he's not quite long enough (believe it or not). However, he does sit nicely on my shoulder so who needs a clasp. 😅
 For those interested parties who have asked, you might have noticed I mentioned possible improvements, so yes, I will make more dragons. 😉 Although, this one will not be listed for sale and future ones will not be exactly like this one, I think my price estimates have turned out to be accurate so they will not be cheap. This guy has about 60 scales (in 2 sizes) and just over 550 rings (in 4 sizes) so I'm sticking with the $150. I could make smaller ones for less or larger ones for more but as a baseline just know dragons are not cheap. 😅 


Also, I will not likely take custom orders for the dragons just because the scales would have to be ordered special and it would make it take too long from order to completion. I mean it already took me 3 weeks to finish this one, but if you add message discussions and ordering supplies (which come from Canada) to the beginning it would be well over a month at least and that is simply too long of a processing time for me to be comfortable with. 😏 
Worth noting though that I will likely be making keychain fidgets and bracelets in the pattern used for his back, so expanding product lines all the place. 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment