Sunday, July 28, 2024

Weekly update. . .oh wow

Oh wow. . .July is all but over which means my months to prepare for that fall art show are just whizzing by and I still have not set up and tested the art resin on a painting. 😏 
The good news is I have completed the second dragon. 😁



He's cool and colorful and most of my testing worked out. I did not succeed with the leg idea this time, but I'm not giving up on it, it just won't be on this one. 😎 Overall I'm pretty happy with him, but there is still room for improvements and future modifications. 


I do like the tail flare, I plan to try again and repeat it in different sizes like barbs. I'm still trying to decide which patterns I like best in the tail, 2-by-2 seemed like cheating to me (at first) because it's so simple, but it is the fastest way to make distance with less rings. 😏 So for the curious . . .

Secondus is actually slightly longer than ReGol, even though his "body" is shorter and he has 50+ less rings. 
He does have a clasp hidden in his tail scales so he can be worn as a necklace too. 😉 


I think the third attempt shall be about half the length and have the legs, be a pure sculpture piece. In the meantime, I have to figure out what to do with these two I'm not sure how to store them or how I'm going to display them in the booth. 😅 But they gotta go somewhere because I need my bench back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment