Sunday, September 8, 2024

Weekly update. . . 9-8-8

Since it is 9-8 I thought I'd take a moment to talk about 9-8-8 for those that may not be aware of the crisis line, lifeline, mental health help line for national suicide prevention.  It is free help available to all, started just a few years ago, it has saved lives, if you or anyone you love is ever in need . . . I'm ok, I have cried and am processing my father-in-law's cancer diagnosis, it sucks, it's scary and sad but there is a treatment plan and we are optimistic about things. 🙏💞

Of course, for us sci-fi nerdy types today is Star Trek Day, the day we celebrate the tv premiere of the first episode. 😎 Yes, I will be watching lots of assorted Star Trek things today. 

In business news: I am still on my "social media break" and I am finding it helpful to not have to worry about daily posting while dealing with other life events. 😇 I am sure I will return to business as usual eventually but for right now this once-a-week post is easier. I am working, albeit slowly in short bursts. I added legs to the purple dragon and I'm not convinced I like it, it's not exactly what I pictured. 😏




I mean he is still cute, the legs do help stabilize his sitting, but I'm considering removing and re-attaching them different. Also, not sure I love the pattern I used; I may have to try something else altogether. 😅 On the other hand, there is always the next one to try something new with. 
The next dragon will be green, although I don't have the large/fancy scales in green, I do have the smaller ones for his back. So black and mirror large scales for the fringe and wings, which will work great since the rings are a mix of black and shades of green. 

His official name will be "The Green Dragon" like the pub from Lord of the Rings 😁 because I'm a big 'ole sci-fi lovin' nerd. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment