Sunday, January 24, 2016

Constantly learning. . .

I have continued to learn new patterns of chain over the years and sometimes I just like to fiddle around and modify the patterns I already know.  I have experimented with using different sized rings and even mixed sizes of rings that's how I learned/discovered the Stepping stones/bubbles pattern. 

 


I have found the European 4-in-1 pattern to be very easy to modify, it is the base of basic box chain for instance.  Also if you mix the ring sizes you can do a semi-box mod that I think is really cool. 
 

Plus it makes rosettes, small and large rosettes and rosettes on a vine.


I have made the rosettes on a vine in multiple strands connected now in a 2 wide and 3 wide version.  I have been wearing the 2 wide version since I finished a couple of weeks ago, I have become rather attached to it.  ~LOL~  In the wearing every day and looking at it regularly it struck me that it could use some more rings so the other day I added larger rings to the center of some of the rosettes just to see how I'd like it.  I'm still undecided it does make it look fuller and the additional color is interesting since the small and large pink rings are not the same shade of pink, it adds . . . depth.  I only did it on every other one because I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but I'm not sure I want to add it to all of them because I don't want it to look crowded.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment