Saturday, January 23, 2016

Why I Maille. . .

The first chainmaille project I did was a kit I picked up at Hobby Lobby just to see if I could do it.  I soon discovered not only could I do it but I quite enjoyed it.  My first pattern and still one of my personal favorites was/is Helm's chain it came so natural to me, I attribute it to my heritage. ☺  Although, Helm's chain is not the only pattern I enjoy making, I enjoy making chain in just about any pattern except Byzantine I can't stand it for some reason.  ~LOL~  

I think part of the reason I like making chain has to do with my inherent OCD tendencies.  Counting rings and lining them up in patterns is satisfying to me, looking at finished shiny neat patterned jewelry makes me smile.  I think part of why I don't like Byzantine and certain other "patterns" is because they look messy to my eye.  I tend to like more clean, linear patterns that flow in one direction.  ☺

I honestly could make chain all day everyday if only I didn't have to like clean the house and cook and stuff.  ~LOL~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment