Monday, July 4, 2016

Wall art up for sale. . .

OK so I went ahead and did it.  I've been thinking about it for over a month and after selling most of the first round while on vacation I decided I was going to add the wire tree sculptures to the things I sell on Etsy.   However, when I came home I only had mine hanging around the house so in order to add them to the sale listings I had to make more.  I didn't want to open a new section in the shop until I had several of them done, in case they started selling right away I didn't want to add one or two and end up with an empty page.  

I had been hoping for a full dozen and having all sizes available but I settled for 7 and only 3" inch and 5" inch.  I got some decent photos, they are not the greatest but with the wires being so thin and shiny they are not easy to photograph, actually harder than the chainmaille.  ~LOL~  I still have a few more things to try as far as photo tricks for the next round but in the meantime I got them posted.  I shot against 3 different backgrounds and it's not like one is superior the background color influences the tree coloring but at the same time clear beads are virtually invisible on a white background but stand out great against the black.  So I think I'm going to use the black and the white and create "collages" for side by side.  That uses 3 of the available 5 slots in a listing and it gives a good idea of the fact that where you hang it can effect the look.  
 
 Afterall, they are wall art so depending on the paint color of the wall you hang it on it's going to look different.  I also like the occasional over-flashed photo as sometimes it catches fine detail that otherwise blends.  The purple background did not work for the majority.


 I guess the photos I used aren't too bad because they are getting views and one of them sold in a matter of hours.  I think that I would be selling more of them now if I had more available, more colors, more sizes.  That's what I'm working on now, I've made 3 more in 6" and 8" so once I make some 10" and 12" I'll have at least 1 of each size.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment