Tuesday, May 2, 2017

go to the source . . .

I have seen others complain about Etsy's tracking being wrong, behind, not properly updated.  I didn't think much of it at first but I think it has gotten worse recently.  The last 3 packages that I shipped have showed "label created" on Etsy until the day they were delivered.  ðŸ˜†

So buyers on Etsy who go to Etsy and try to track their packages are given false and outdated information, making it appear that orders have not been shipped when they have.  

The order I mailed yesterday still shows "label created"on Etsy at 9:30 am even though actual USPS tracking shows it scanned into my local post office, scanned again hours later at the city sort facility and again "in transit".  USPS tracking shows it's expected delivery date is tomorrow and yet Etsy's tracking still just shows "label created".  ðŸ˜†

This cannot be good overall when customers think that sellers aren't shipping on time when we are.  The annoying part is that there is literally nothing I as a seller can do about Etsy's delayed updates.  I added blurb to my shipping policies that Etsy's info is often behind and recommending customers go straight to USPS.com for real time info.  BUT it's kind of buried and I'm not sure anyone will ever find it or read it, I am considering adding it to my "thank you" note section too.  

Would you as a buyer be bothered by tracking that doesn't update?  Would you blame the seller or Etsy or USPS?


No comments:

Post a Comment